Sunday, October 4, 2009

Worry

Tonight I had every reason in the world, or so it seemed, to worry myself sick. My hubby was out of town and someone was driving him back from Houston. They were supposed to get home around 11:00 pm so I figured I should be able to call him around 8:00 or so. I tried his cell phone and two others and they all went to voice mail. Things were fine until around 8:30 or so and then my mind started getting carried away. I felt myself coming up with all the horrible possibilities as to why no one was answering their phones.

I caught myself thinking about all the things I have learned about worrying and how worrying doesn’t do me any good whatsoever. I decided then and there that I had to CHOOSE not to worry. That I had to “practice what I preach”. I decided to send out an e-mail to all the women at a group I lead. The very moment that I sat down to start writing the e-mail my phone rang. It was my husband of course telling me he was fine, they had just left a little later than expected.


There will be so many opportunities in your life that you will have to worry about something. You will have to decide to either worry or trust God. Think of all the things God has brought you through. And here you are reading this blog, you’ve come a long way! I hope you will choose to trust God and give HIM your worries.


I love this verse in The Message-


Proverbs 3: 5-6

Trust God from the bottom of your heart;
don't try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;
he's the one who will keep you on track.

Have a blessed week!

No comments: