Sunday, September 27, 2009

The REAL me

You ever wonder why it is women are afraid to be themselves? We walk around "pretending" everything is okay when we are falling apart on the inside. We act like we have it all together when we are really a total mess! I think if we actually took a risk and were more transparent with people, we might be able to change someone's life.

I have taken risks like this and it felt so wonderful. But there have been other times where I have done this and I did not see the results. I just have to trust God that he is using my story to touch other peoples lives. I think that the greatest impact that we have on others we might not ever know about. So all we can do is just do our best, follow our hearts, and be true to ourselves.

That being said, I don't think we have to "bare all" to every person either. I truly believe that God will guide and direct us to who and what we are to share. Some things about my life I will probably never share with another human being for as long as I live. But there have been times that I have been prompted to share certain things and I knew deep within me that it was for that person and it had to be shared.

There is POWER in YOUR story!! And we ALL have one.

1 comment:

Caty said...

Amen! I am in the process of writing my story out. Even though it's hard in places, someone might just need to hear it!