Friday, September 18, 2009

How did I get here?

Boy, I'm not even sure where to start, so here goes. I have struggled with my weight for a long time. I was over weight in junior high and then battled briefly with anorexia. After that, I didn't have any problems with my weight until after I had my first child. Funny thing is, I gained exactly 20 pounds with that pregnancy and could fit back into my pre-pregnancy jeans 6 weeks later. It was after this that I learned to cook. I started teaching myself how to make awesome desserts. Well, the pounds started packing on.

Things went from bad to worse really quick. I ended up overeating and cooking more and more things and got up to 202 pounds! I saw that number on the scale and new right then I had to make a change. I joined a program at my church called Weigh Down and that is how I lost the majority of my weight. That was almost 10 years ago.

However, I have gone from my goal weight back up 25 pounds and back down and somewhere in between during the course of that 10 year span. Each time I blog, I will share more about my journey from 10 years ago to where I am today and the progress I am making. I hope to be an inspiration to you. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog.

No comments: