Saturday, October 31, 2009

21 Day Focus

Okay, so I am going to start a 21 day focus starting tomorrow. A 21 Day focus is where you come up with a goal of doing something for 21 days. It takes 21 days to form a habit. It could be anything that you are trying to do. Like eat smaller portions, exercise, work less, say "no", stop complaining, etc. Once you come up with your goal, you have to make some S.M.A.R.T. goals to be sure you get your main goal accomplished. Here is the definition of this kind of goal.

Specific
Measurable
Attainable
Realistic
Timely

My goal is to eat right and log my calories. In order to make that happen, I have to decide on smaller goals to make sure I accomplish my big goal. Here is what I'll do.

1. Log calories on www.sparkpeople.com each time I eat
2. Will have smaller portions at each meal
3. Will not eat sweets
4. Will not eat anything fried

When will you start YOUR 21 day focus???

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Years ago I began (you could say it is a "31 Day Focus"). That is reading the Proverb for the day. Today is the 12th., so I read Proverbs 12. I cannot began to say how much that has enriched my life.
Ron